The Oscars is continually the biggest date of the year on the Hollywood calendar with a guest list unrivalled by any other event - and 2014 was no exception.
This is the night when the world's biggest stars step out in fashion's most beautiful gowns. In terms of trends, a spectrum of whites and nudes dominated the red carpet – Kate Hudson in Atelier Versace, Kristin Chenoweth in Roberto Cavalli, Sally Hawkins in Valentino and Kristen Bell in Roberto Cavalli.
Meanwhile celebrities Amy Adams, Charlize Theron and Lupita Nyong'o are bound to top best dressed lists in their shades of blue and blacks - navy Gucci, sleek black Dior and pastel blue or better known as ‘Nairobi blue’ Prada. And, it was no surprise that Jennifer Lawrence was back in Dior swapping last year's voluminous silhouette for something more hip-hugging and sleek.
To view the entire red carpet looks follow us on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/CrystalsLV
[Photo credit: vogue.com]
From the runway to the red carpet these A-list celebrities did not hold back!
Hollywood royalties such as Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams were among the night's big winners at the Golden Globes, but fashion-wise it was all about the ladies and the three major trends we saw: structure, classic Hollywood black and red, red and more red.
We fell in love with the girl in white, Margot Robbie, wearing a silk Gucci gown and looking absolutely flawless while Miss Kerry Washington shows off her petite baby bump in a pale green custom-made gown by Balenciaga. Who could forget the ever so funny Leslie Mann in an all-black lace Dolce&Gabbana dress with a peplum hip or Emma Roberts in a custom-made black Lanvin gown.
Amy Adams and Emma Watson wore scarlet gowns to walk the red carpet - Adams choosing floor-skimming Valentino design, adding minimal accessories and sleek beauty looks while Watson won points for sartorial boldness, showing off one of the more unusual looks - turning to reveal a completely backless cut to her Dior Couture gown with slim black trousers beneath.
Check out more of our favorites from Hollywood’s big night on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CrystalsLV
The Shops at Crystals, Las Vegas’ premier luxury retail destination, celebrated philanthropy and fashion as thousands of people filled its stores for “Fashion Gives Back.” Hosted by George Kotsiopoulos of E!’s Fashion Police, the event featured more than a dozen Crystals’ boutiques partnering with local charities to raise funds for their respective causes.
Stylist to stars such as Julianne Moore and Anne Hathaway, Kotsiopoulos walked the red carpet with notables including Farid Matraki and Judy Stone of The Shops at Crystals, as well as DJ and model Harley Viera-Newton before heading to the runway. With Viera-Newton spinning upbeat indie rock, Kotsiopoulos provided commentary as eight models – adorned in covetable spring 2014 looks from Roberto Cavalli, Lanvin, Donna Karan and Paul Smith – strutted down the catwalk.
“Crystals is the most glamorous shopping mecca in all of Las Vegas,” said Kotsiopoulos. “It's not just luxury retail stores; it's high-end luxury retail stores....housed all under one roof. I like to think of Crystals as helping to bring back the glamour of Las Vegas.”
Throughout the night, champagne flowed as guests shopped for a cause and enjoyed fashionable fun:
- Valentino held a gorgeous celebration for Nevada Ballet Theatre with host Audra Baldwin, where ballerinas from the company modeled the iconic brand’s hottest looks.
- Kiki de Montparnasse and The Shade Tree joined for an elegant reception including a light aphrodisiac buffet as guests marveled at an interactive window display featuring Kiki’s seductive models.
- Christian Dior showcased its legendary French savoir faire with Nathan Adelson Hospice and Chairs Susan Molasky, Jane Schorr, Beth Weinberger and Sharon Jenkins. Party guests sampled macarons from Hakkasan and sipped champagne, in true French style.
- Porsche Design welcomed Jeff Leibow of Jersey Boys and his wife Melody for an evening of wine and delicious Thai hors d’oeuvres to support the NF Hope Foundation.
- Lanvin hosted the evening with Keep Memory Alive and Camille Ruvo as guests admired the brand’s Men’s and Women’s Fall 2013 Collection.
- To highlight its relationship with The Children’s Heart Foundation, Donna Karan’s boutique served adorable heart-shaped desserts at an exclusive reception hosted by Julie Marcus Downs, raising both awareness and funds for the charity.
- Bottega Veneta offered guests cocktails at an exclusive shopping event hosted by local tastemaker Leora Blau in support of beloved Las Vegas non-profit Opportunity Village.
- Live models displayed FENDI’s latest designs while guests enjoyed aperitifs and cocktails and raised funds for Communities in Schools of Nevada with host Susie Lee.
- Shoe fanatics flooded Jimmy Choo to support The Jewish Federation of Las Vegas, where hosts Heather DiChiaro, Barbara Silverberg and Ilana Vann mingled with guests.
- Attendees scooped up looks from Roberto Cavalli’s Holiday and Spring 2014 collections while charity Three Square reaped the rewards.
- Dr. Brittany and Adam Stryker hosted a fabulous reception at TAG Heuer celebrating KIDDOS and the 50th anniversary of the renowned watch brand’s Carrera Collection.
- Paul Smith’s boutique had guests nibbling on desserts from ARIA’s Jean Philippe Pâtisserie while raising funds for Generosity Water with Mike Snedegar and Jordan Wagner.
- Louis Vuitton joined with the Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health for an exclusive evening of shopping, charity and bubbly.
While their ladies shopped, the gentlemen of “Fashion Gives Back” gathered at the Grey Goose Game Lounge to compete in classic games such as pool, foosball and pinball while sipping Grey Goose and Bombay Sapphire specialty cocktails. Guests who showed a receipt for a purchase made that evening could try their luck at the Crane Game for a chance to win luxurious prizes from throughout the city.
Shoppers took a break from the action at a rejuvenating pop-up spa by The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, indulging in neck and shoulder massages and even a Diamond Magnetic Hand Treatment from Natura Bissé.
For a quick thirst quencher, guests visited the San Pellegrino Hydration Lounge to refresh with one of Pellegrino’s sparkling waters and Aqua Panna water.
Following the debut of Spring/Summer 2014 runway collections, A-list celebrities already have their hands on next season’s premium pieces. Always ahead of the curve, some celebrities are predictable in their trend approach, while other are using the season’s most exciting trends to push the envelope and make a bold statement as they walk the red carpet.
See who's got their hands on the spring/summer 2014 collections first.
When it comes to red carpet glamour, few events compete with the Cannes Film Festival’s sartorial spectacle and star power - the ball-gowns are bigger, the accessories are glitzier and the detailing more decadent. This year was no exception. See all of our favorite red carpet looks from the 2013 Cannes Film Festival at http://pinterest.com/crystalslv/cannes-film-festival-2013/