Out with the old and in with the shiny and metallic!
Shimmering fabrics and shiny accessories are all the rage on this Spring season. With metallic all around, there's no need to save your flashy fashion statements until after dark. Here are the hottest metallic trends straight from the runway to wear at all day and night.
What more can you say about the Tom Ford Fall 2014-15 collection shown at London Fashion Week than… "WOW, Blown Away, Unbelievably Impressed, Ultra Luxury" and many more adjectives to define the 6 minute catwalk.
“The collection effortlessly pairs urban life in London with a sleek interpretation of iconic clothing items from the American West. From the sequin evening dress knocking off of the "knock off" TOM FORD football jersey Jay Z wears when performing his song "TOM FORD," to the spare wool and cashmere felt evening dresses that close the show, the mood of the collection is pared down, streamlined and ultra luxe.”
To view the entire Tom Ford Fall/Winter 2014-15 collection: http://bit.ly/1hbW8mB
[Photo Credit: Style.com]
As the first big awards ceremony since the spring/summer 2014 runway shows kicked off earlier this month, the Emmys offered one of the first opportunities to see the collections off the catwalks and showcased on the red carpet. We countdown our favorite looks from television's biggest night, from black tie looks we want to see renewed to the sultry yet classic atelier gowns we cannot live without.
Check out all of our favorite looks on our Pinterest page.
With London Fashion Week officially coming to a close, it’s time to reflect on our 6 favorite trends of the past week:
1. Feminine Florals – Bold graphic motifs gave floral prints an updated modern feel. Oversized florals were spotlighted in Paul Smith’s collection.
2. Peek-a-boo Designs – Sheer chiffon layers, masked skirts and glittering bodices hinting at what lies beneath
3. Opposites Attract – Tom ford offered skin-tight, sensual shapes crafted to empower women while Paul Smith went with a fresh, clean, crisp all white collection.
4. Shine On – Tom Ford’s curve-hugging mosaic designs presented a modern and flattering twist on the traditional blingy styles of past seasons.
5. A Classic Reinvented – A staple for almost every fashion season, Tom Ford reinvented the Bomber Jacket by emphasizing the shoulders and adding leather detailing.
6. Color, Color, Color – Paul Smith’s Spring collection came alive with opulent and vibrant colors paired with the classic tailored silhouettes that the brand is known best for.
For more of our favorite looks from London Fashion Week, make sure to visit our Pinterest page: http://www.pinterest.com/crystalslv/